Tuesday, November 17, 2009
came across this read and found it to be excellent, just had to link it here. Some of the things he mentions in here I hadn't really thought of before and I will have to give it a try. I must admit I will be carrying some extra glyphs to try out and see how it goes, flip from ES glyph to Chain Heal Glyph. Will always keep my Water and Riptide since they are the ones I need the most.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Got the achievement pretty simple to do, Find Catrina and /dance with her. Get achievement, coo.
for pet you have to go to the city's grave yard for your race, ie. Draenei go to Exodar, Dwarves go to IF, get cooking recipe from vendor Chapman or find a cook that can make the bread. Buy a marigold or bouquet of them and use it. Find the cheerful spirit, get quest, hand in bread, get pet. Only works during Day of the Dead so only useful for 2 days. And also takes up bag slot, kinda like broom for Hallow's End.
- What is the name, class, and spec of your primary healer?Airdrigh, Shaman, Restoration
- What is your primary group healing environment? (i.e. raids, pvp, 5 mans) 5man, 10 man Raid
- What is your favorite healing spell for your class and why?Riptide, love the hot and the enhancement to Chain Heal
- What healing spell do you use least for your class and why?Lesser Healing Wave, ever since they got rid of the haste buff from tidal waves to it I find my Healing Wave does better and is only just a little slower.
- What do you feel is the biggest strength of your healing class and why? Flexibility. Able to handle Tank heals with earth shield and Riptide, Healing wave, lesser healing wave
- What do you feel is the biggest weakness of your healing class and why? Lack of mobility. Wiht only one instant cast heal I find I am rooted in place quite a bit.
- In a 25 man raiding environment, what do you feel, in general, is the best healing assignment for you? Haven't done a 25 man so not sure.
- What healing class do you enjoy healing with most and why? No real preference. I have healed with all types and find as long as they can hold up their end that is all I care about.
- What healing class do you enjoy healing with least and why? See above. Only healer I don't like is one who doesn't take it seriously. If I am putting my energy into it then so should they.
- What is your worst habit as a healer? Casting Chain heal on one person. I hate that I don't look around a bit more when casting. I usually just see someone losing health and cast Chain Heal hoping there is someone there. Find I lose a lot of HPS in the process cause it doesn't bounce.
- What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while healing? DPS demanding heals. I am a glorified triage I realize that, but I need to work out my priorities and I am sorry but DPS is low on the list, especially if they don't have the sense to get out of the fire. The only one this doesn't count for is my wife, cause I can do without the wife aggro.
- Do you feel that your class/spec is well balanced with other healers for PvE healing? Hmm there are a few tweaks that I would like to see but for the most part I am happy being a shaman and can't picture doing anything else.
- What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a healer? a) am I dead b) is tank dead c) is dps dead d) is boss down
- What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your healing class? Shamans can't heal. Little do they realize that we can hold our own.
- What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new healers of your class to learn? What to cast when.`
- If someone were to try to evaluate your performance as a healer via recount, what sort of patterns would they see (i.e. lots of overhealing, low healing output, etc)? Low on the meter unless tank healing. some overhealing.
- Haste or Crit and why? crit. recharges mana. then haste
- What healing class do you feel you understand least? have a rough idea but no real understanding of how it goes.
- What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in healing? mouse over macros. Grid.
- Do you strive primarily for balance between your healing stats, or do you stack some much higher than others, and why? Intellect was main, then moving to haste to help. Int gives, SP along with mana and crit. need haste to improve my thruput.
Posted by Skarrde at 12:43 AM